Thursday, September 17, 2009

Things I am LOVING right now.......

Fall is like a breath of fresh air, It puts me in a cheerful , grateful mood, spending time with my wonderful kids and my darling husband, thinking of the chilly mornings and nights, that certain smell in the air, sitting on the porch in the mornings drinking my coffee....aaahhhhh.
I can't wait to start our family traditions of re-decorating our home for fall, pumpkin patch, craft fairs, family get-togethers, cooking chili and cornbread, baking, sipping cider by the fire, munching on popcorn watching movies, and snuggling.
It’s the time when I love spruce up our home, clean out closets, re-organize and stock the pantry and then decorate our rooms with the pumpkins, and candle glow to make it warm, cozy and happy before blustery winds begin to blow.
I like to start early with my preparations for fall because I want to be able to have time to relax and enjoy the fruits of my labor before the hustle and bustle of the holidays are upon us.
Every year I always get the new GOOSEBERRY PATCH'S new Autumn and Christmas Cookbooks. They have the best cookbooks. It's just recipes, they give you tips on decorating, making memories, new traditions for all holidays, letters of stories and memories from readers and fans, and ideas for making you feel warm and cozy throughout the season and holidays. I just love it.

This is their new Autumn Cookbook


Apple Brown Betty (From Gooseberry Patch)

3 lbs. apples, cored, peeled and cut into eighths
10 slices bread, cubed
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/8 t. salt
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. butter, melted
Garnish: whipped topping

Place apples in a slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients; toss together and sprinkle over apples. Cover and cook on low setting 2 to 4 hours. Garnish with whipped topping. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Click here for Gooseberry Patch's Blog....AWESOME


Here is another book I love, THE FARM CHICKS, they are awesome & so is their book.
Great recipes and stories of The Farm Chicks. They have awesome idea's.


You can get their book here.



Well, that's it for now, I will post some pictures later of our house after we are done decorating. My wonderful kids are putting together a Halloween house and tree.
Stayed tuned..............Love to all
Terri:):)

1 comment: